Edison Insurance Company’s number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, we would like to provide you with some important safety tips for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Thanksgiving is a day to enjoy great food surrounded by close family and friends, however, it is also one of the most dangerous days of the year if proper safety precautions are not in place. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA),
Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires. Please consider these simple tips to make the most of your Thanksgiving celebrations:
- Unattended cooking is the number one cause of fires. Someone should always be in the kitchen while cooking your Thanksgiving meal.
- Keep children away from the stove, hot foods, and liquids.
- Make sure your kitchen floor is clear of any tripping or slipping hazards.
- Be sure to cook the turkey and other hot meals to their correct temperatures.
- Enjoy your meal time around the dinner table, but be sure to refrigerate your leftovers within two hours.
We hope you have a terrific and safe Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones. For more Thanksgiving safety tips, click here
Keeping your family and home safe and protected is Edison Home Insurance Company’s
number one priority. We have taken a bright and innovative approach to Florida homeowners insurance
with coverage options allowing you to customize a policy to best fit your needs. To learn more about Edison Insurance Company, or to get a personalized quote, call us at (866) 568-8922.